Main Article Content
Keywords : biological altruism, sponsoring, welfare state
The purpose of this paper is to analyse and seek equivalents of behaviours which in respect of living organisms are defined as altruistic, i.e. consisting of certain activities aimed at drawing advantages by other individuals, with simultaneous resignation of own advantage by one of the participants of the so-called altruistic act. Altruistic acts, as a negation of egoism, are often observed among numerous living creatures, but also within the whole human communities with their complex cultural and economic structures. The forms and mechanisms of such behaviours are interesting, as they are typically not aimed at satisfying the needs of specific individuals, ready to share their resources with other individuals, as a consequence of which they themselves may lose. In biology, altruistic behaviours are typically associated with organisms closely related to each other. Such acts are reasonable in the context of revolutionary considerations, as helping one’s own relatives increases the chance of spreading one’s genes. Description of such behaviours is different in economic lives of societies, where altruistic behaviours can be observed as well, whether in the form of sponsoring, or of welfare state, i.e. targeted at completely strange individuals as well. Explanation of the reason behind such behaviours seems to get us closer to understanding of certain patterns of activity in biology as well as in social and economic behaviours, which consist of acting in a manner that brings advantage to others. However, altruism of such activities depends on complex factors and is therefore complicated and oftentimes also apparent, leading to more comprehensive achievement of one’s own egoistic agenda in the long-term.
How to Cite
Musiał, W., & Musiał, K. (2012). ALTRUISM IN BIOLOGY REGARDING DISINTERESTED FORMS OF ACTION IN ECONOMY (SELECTED ASPECTS). Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 11(2), 45–55. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/566
Download data is not yet available.
- Maciej Stawicki, FACTORS OF SUCCESS IN RAISING EUROPEAN FUNDS BY SELECTED COMMUNES IN THE EASTERN PART OF POLAND , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 11 No. 2 (2012)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Wiesław Musiał, DEMOGRAPHIC AND SOCIAL DETERMINANTS OF DISADVANTAGED RURAL AREAS EMERGENCE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 8 No. 2 (2009)
- Wiesław Musiał, ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL VALUE OF EUROPEAN MOUNTAINS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 6 No. 4 (2007)
- Wiesław Musiał, Tomasz Wojewodzic, CONDITIONS AND ASSESSMENT OF ADEQUACY OF SUPPORTING AGRICULTURE IN POLISH CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 10 No. 4 (2011)
- Wiesław Musiał, DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN MOUNTAINS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT WORKS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2010)
- Piotr Dzun, Wiesław Musiał, THE IMPACT OF AGRARIAN FRAGMENTATION ON THE DYNAMICS OF REGIONAL CHANGES IN DAIRY CATTLE BREEDING IN THE YEARS 1990-2010 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 1 (2014)