Main Article Content
Keywords : Food industry, Industry development, Food economySatisfaction research, Questionnaire survey, Internet platformsArable farm, Dairy industry, Regional diversity
Since the commencement of political system transformations in Poland the number of farms keeping cows and the stock of milk cows has been decreasing very fast. A basic factor behind the regional diversity of the process is the scale of agrarian fragmentation and the size of farms. This hypothesis was verified by analyzing changes affecting cows bred in a sector of farms operated by natural persons (private farms) in the entire country and in two regions where private farms predominated. The first region is the southeastern region characterized by a very unfavorable acreage structure of farms while the other one is the central and eastern region where the structure of farms is relatively favorable. Research results clearly indicate that, due to increasing market competition, cow breeding is concentrated and has been moving to higher and higher acreage groups. As a result, strong stock regress has been observed in the region with fragmented agriculture and such trend has been on the increase. However, in the area characterized by the favorable farm structure such regress which marked the commencement of the political system transformations was relatively quickly slowed down; already in the period preceding Poland's accession to the UE the stock quantity and quality growth emerged which can also be seen during the postaccession era.
How to Cite
Dzun, P., & Musiał, W. (2014). THE IMPACT OF AGRARIAN FRAGMENTATION ON THE DYNAMICS OF REGIONAL CHANGES IN DAIRY CATTLE BREEDING IN THE YEARS 1990-2010. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 13(1), 29–43. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/507
Download data is not yet available.
- Wioletta Knapik, EFFECTS OF A FLOOD HAZARD ON SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LIFE OF RURAL INHABITANTS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 1 (2014)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Wiesław Musiał, Kamila Musiał, ALTRUISM IN BIOLOGY REGARDING DISINTERESTED FORMS OF ACTION IN ECONOMY (SELECTED ASPECTS) , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 11 No. 2 (2012)
- Wiesław Musiał, DEMOGRAPHIC AND SOCIAL DETERMINANTS OF DISADVANTAGED RURAL AREAS EMERGENCE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 8 No. 2 (2009)
- Wiesław Musiał, ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL VALUE OF EUROPEAN MOUNTAINS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 6 No. 4 (2007)
- Wiesław Musiał, DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN MOUNTAINS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT WORKS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2010)
- Wiesław Musiał, Tomasz Wojewodzic, CONDITIONS AND ASSESSMENT OF ADEQUACY OF SUPPORTING AGRICULTURE IN POLISH CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 10 No. 4 (2011)