Main Article Content
Keywords : disadvantaged areas, grounds for disadvantaged areas formation, human capital, social capital
The paper presents the issue of poor development of regions which constitutes an initial process of the emergence of various disadvantaged area types. Grounds for disadvantaged regions formation were indicated and explained with the use of economic theories, including liberal trend, Keynes’s economics and localization theories. Separate reference was made to demographic and social rationales of forming disadvantaged areas resulting from weakening demographic potential, diminishing of the resources and quality of human and social potential and due to institutional problems. The article is a review comprising selected problems of the theory of origin and growing of the regress phenomena in the material sphere and on the socio-demographic background.
How to Cite
Musiał, W. (2009). DEMOGRAPHIC AND SOCIAL DETERMINANTS OF DISADVANTAGED RURAL AREAS EMERGENCE. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 8(2), 93–102. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/792
Download data is not yet available.
- Hanna Pondel, FARMING PRODUCERS IN WIELKOPOLSKA PROVINCE AND PRO-ENVIRONMENTAL FARMS DEVELOPMENT , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 8 No. 2 (2009)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Wiesław Musiał, Kamila Musiał, ALTRUISM IN BIOLOGY REGARDING DISINTERESTED FORMS OF ACTION IN ECONOMY (SELECTED ASPECTS) , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 11 No. 2 (2012)
- Wiesław Musiał, ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL VALUE OF EUROPEAN MOUNTAINS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 6 No. 4 (2007)
- Wiesław Musiał, Tomasz Wojewodzic, CONDITIONS AND ASSESSMENT OF ADEQUACY OF SUPPORTING AGRICULTURE IN POLISH CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 10 No. 4 (2011)
- Wiesław Musiał, DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN MOUNTAINS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT WORKS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2010)
- Piotr Dzun, Wiesław Musiał, THE IMPACT OF AGRARIAN FRAGMENTATION ON THE DYNAMICS OF REGIONAL CHANGES IN DAIRY CATTLE BREEDING IN THE YEARS 1990-2010 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 1 (2014)