CHANGES IN AGEING OF COMMUNES (LAU2S) IN POLAND BETWEEN 1995 AND 2014
Main Article Content
Keywords : Ageing of the population, Process of people ageing, Statistical data analysis
The paper presents statistical and spatial analysis of changes in the ageing level in 2,478 LAU2s in Poland occurring between 1995 and 2014. The results show that the average share of the young decreased from 32.4 to 22.1% and the average share of the old increased from 12.5 to 14.1%, both of which resulted in a considerable increase of the average value of the ageing index, i.e. from 39 to 66 old people per 100 young. The share of the young decreased in all LAU2s in Poland, while the share of the old increased in 65% of LAU2s. However, the increase in the share of the old had a stronger impact onto the increase of the ageing index than the decrease of the share of the young. The process of ageing was most intensive in Opolskie and Śląskie Voivodships, in the south-eastern part of Poland and in the south-western part of Podlaskie Voivodship. Population ageing process in other parts of the country had a diversified intensity.
How to Cite
Rakowska, J. (2016). CHANGES IN AGEING OF COMMUNES (LAU2S) IN POLAND BETWEEN 1995 AND 2014. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 15(2), 127–138. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/392
Download data is not yet available.
- Dariusz Strzębicki, ELECTRONIC MARKETPLACES AS A FORM OF ORGANIZATION OF TRADE IN ENTERPRISES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 15 No. 2 (2016)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Iwona M. Batyk, Joanna Rakowska, CONSUMER BEHAVIOR OF INHABITANTS OF KALININGRAD DISTRICT IN THE POLISH-RUSSIAN LOCAL BORDER TRAFFIC ZONE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 20 No. 4 (2021)
- Joanna Rakowska, European Union Funding for Preservation of Religious Cultural Heritage in Poland , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 19 No. 4 (2020)
- Marta Barna, Taras Vasyltsiv, Joanna Rakowska, CONDITIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL HOUSING IN UKRAINE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 21 No. 1 (2022): Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia
- Joanna Rakowska, SME’S PARTICIPATION IN REALISATION OF PROJECTS UNDER SELECTED ACTIONS OF SECTORAL OPERATIONAL PROGRAM ‘INCREASE OF ENTERPRISES’ COMPETITIVENESS’, IN RURAL AREAS OF NTS 2, 2004–2006 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 2 (2010)
- Silvia Andik, Joanna Rakowska, THE IMPACT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC ON PURCHASING CHICKEN MEAT ONLINE (A CASE STUDY OF INDONESIAN CONSUMERS) , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 21 No. 3 (2022)