Main Article Content
Keywords : global organizations, IER, product quality, sustainable development
The research problem addresses the question, whether activities of global organizations towards quality have been significantly shaping international economic relations (IER), in line with the paradigm of sustainable development. The paper’s aim is to characterize and evaluate to-date activities of the top three global organizations in the shaping of products’ quality aspects in international trade and to determine the organizations’ ex ante role. Apart from the introduction and summary, the paper is divided into four parts. The first three parts characterize these global organizations whose activity has direct and indirect influence on both the quality and safety of products in international trade, namely: ISO, FAO, and WHO. The fourth part is a presentation of these organizations’ expected role in the shaping of international economy in the future. Final part gives a summary and conclusions.
How to Cite
Skawińska, E., & Zalewski, R. (2017). THE ROLE OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC RELATIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 16(4), 141–149. https://doi.org/10.22630/ASPE.2017.16.4.53
Download data is not yet available.
- Agnieszka Parlińska, Hasan Yavuz, FINANCES OF MUNICIPALITIES GOVERNMENTS IN POLAND AND TURKEY , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 16 No. 4 (2017)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Eulalia Skawińska, Romuald Zalewski, Impact of Coronavirus Covid-19 on the Food System , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 19 No. 4 (2020)
- Eulalia Skawińska, INNOVATIVE AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR IN PARADIGM OF CIRCULAR ECONOMY – A RESEARCH MODEL , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 18 No. 3 (2019)
- Eulalia Skawińska, Romuald Zalewski, PATENT ACTIVITY OF THE AGRARIAN SECTOR IN THE CONTEXT OF ITS DEVELOPMENT IN GLOBAL ECONOMY , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 17 No. 2 (2018)
- Romuald Zalewski, Eulalia Skawińska, TOWARDS SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEM , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 15 No. 2 (2016)
- Eulalia Skawińska, Romuald Zalewski, BARRIERS TO THE INNOVATIVE ACTIVITY OF ENTERPRISES IN GREATER POLAND AND THE EXPECTED WAYS TO OVERCOME THEM , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)
- Eulalia Skawińska, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF ENTERPRISES. THEORY AND PRACTICE - BY JADWIGA ADAMCZYK. THE BOOK REVIEW , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 8 No. 4 (2009)
- Romuald Zalewski, Krzysztof Góralski, INNOVATIVENESS OF FOOD PRODUCTION ENTERPRISES IN WIELKOPOLSKIE VOIVODSHIP FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF PRODUCERS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 10 No. 1 (2011)