Main Article Content
Keywords : Economic theory, Agrobusiness, Empirical researches, Competitiveness
The objective of this study is to analyze the competitiveness through the prism of its theoretical background, methods of empirical estimation and influence factors. This paper contributes to the theoretical research on competitiveness not only by the synthesis of old and new writings as well as the findings of the exploratory studies, but also by concept synthesis of competitiveness. Since the concept of competitiveness can be reported to individual product/service, enterprise/farm, industry, economic sector, region, nation or international economic blocks, the attempts towards creating one common definition of competitiveness seem to be doomed to fail. Thus, our study does not answer the question which of the definitions proposed in the literature best capture commonly used notions of competitiveness, but our concern is about the ambiguity of those definitions which hampers the measurement and comparison of competitiveness. In order to mirror complexity of the aspects referring to the competitiveness we suggest using composite indicators to measure competitiveness. An important limitation of the empirical research on competitiveness is imperfect comparability of results across studies using different variables (features) describing competitiveness.
How to Cite
Siudek, T., & Zawojska, A. (2014). COMPETITIVENESS IN THE ECONOMIC CONCEPTS, THEORIES AND EMPIRICAL RESEARCH. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 13(1), 91–108. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/511
Download data is not yet available.
- Tamar Taralashvili, Jakub Kraciuk, FOREIGN TRADE OF GEORGIAN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS AND EXISTING POTENTIAL OF EXPORT TO THE EUROPEAN UNION MARKET , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 1 (2014)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Aldona Zawojska, Tomasz Siudek, A THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL APPROACH TO FOREIGN LABOUR MIGRATION AND EMPLOYMENT: THE CASE OF AGRI-FOOD MIGRANT WORKERS IN DEVELOPED ECONOMIES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 20 No. 4 (2021)
- Tomasz Siudek, Aldona Zawojska, OPTIMAL DEPOSIT AND LOAN INTEREST RATES SETTING IN CO-OPERATIVE BANKS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 14 No. 3 (2015)
- Aldona Zawojska, Tomasz Siudek, SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF EPIDEMIC DISEASES OF FARM ANIMALS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 17 No. 3 (2018)
- Tomasz Siudek, Mariana Vashchyk, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES IN 2000-2012 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)
- Tomasz Siudek, Edward Czarnecki, Mariana Vashchyk, ASSESSMENT OF THE SUSTAINABILITY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 15 No. 3 (2016)
- Aldona Zawojska, THE ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL JUSTIFICATIONS FOR PUBLIC SPENDING TO AGRICULTURE : THEORETICAL INSIGHTS AND EMPIRICAL OBSERVATIONS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 12 No. 4 (2013)