ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES IN 2000-2012
Main Article Content
Keywords : Agrotourism, Rural areas, EntrepreneurshipMulti-dimensional analysis, Social and economic conditions, Regional developmentRural development, Economic development, Factor analysis
This paper focuses on the analysis of some certain aspects of economic development of rural areas in EU Member States during 2000-2012 and aims to define its main tendencies. The synthetic indicator, constructed on the basis of the primary variables, such as GDP per capita, cereal yield, livestock production index and agriculture value added per worker, has been used to evaluate rural economic development. While creating a synthetic indicator, factor analysis has been employed. The research covered all the countries of the EU. The results indicated that among them the highest level of rural economic development in terms of applied indicators occurred in Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Slovenia, France and Malta, and the lowest - by Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Poland and the Czech Republic.
How to Cite
Siudek, T., & Vashchyk, M. (2014). ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES IN 2000-2012. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 13(3), 95–104. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/487
Download data is not yet available.
- Wioleta Sobczak, Lilianna Jabłońska, Grzegorz Klimek, VARIABILITY AND CORRELATION OF THE WHOLESALE AND RETAIL PRICES OF APPLES ON THE WARSAW MARKET IN THE YEARS 2003-2013 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Aldona Zawojska, Tomasz Siudek, A THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL APPROACH TO FOREIGN LABOUR MIGRATION AND EMPLOYMENT: THE CASE OF AGRI-FOOD MIGRANT WORKERS IN DEVELOPED ECONOMIES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 20 No. 4 (2021)
- Tomasz Siudek, Aldona Zawojska, COMPETITIVENESS IN THE ECONOMIC CONCEPTS, THEORIES AND EMPIRICAL RESEARCH , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 1 (2014)
- Tomasz Siudek, Aldona Zawojska, OPTIMAL DEPOSIT AND LOAN INTEREST RATES SETTING IN CO-OPERATIVE BANKS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 14 No. 3 (2015)
- Aldona Zawojska, Tomasz Siudek, SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF EPIDEMIC DISEASES OF FARM ANIMALS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 17 No. 3 (2018)
- Tomasz Siudek, Edward Czarnecki, Mariana Vashchyk, ASSESSMENT OF THE SUSTAINABILITY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 15 No. 3 (2016)