Main Article Content
Keywords : Rural areas, Sustainable development, Factor analysis
The aim of the study was to determine the level of sustainability of rural development in the European Union Member States. The study included three dimensions of rural development, namely economic, environmental and social. Each dimension was determined using synthetic index elaborated on the basis of the primary variables, with the use of factor analysis. The study was conducted in all EU countries in the years 2000-2012. The obtained data shows that the highest degree of sustainability of rural development has occurred in Hungary, Bulgaria and Cyprus, and the lowest in Latvia, Romania and the United Kingdom.
How to Cite
Siudek, T., Czarnecki, E., & Vashchyk, M. (2016). ASSESSMENT OF THE SUSTAINABILITY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 15(3), 101–113. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/377
Download data is not yet available.
- Joanna Szwacka-Mokrzycka, STIMULATORS AND BARRIERS OF DEMAND FOR FOOD (POLISH CASE) , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 15 No. 3 (2016)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Aldona Zawojska, Tomasz Siudek, A THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL APPROACH TO FOREIGN LABOUR MIGRATION AND EMPLOYMENT: THE CASE OF AGRI-FOOD MIGRANT WORKERS IN DEVELOPED ECONOMIES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 20 No. 4 (2021)
- Tomasz Siudek, Aldona Zawojska, COMPETITIVENESS IN THE ECONOMIC CONCEPTS, THEORIES AND EMPIRICAL RESEARCH , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 1 (2014)
- Tomasz Siudek, Aldona Zawojska, OPTIMAL DEPOSIT AND LOAN INTEREST RATES SETTING IN CO-OPERATIVE BANKS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 14 No. 3 (2015)
- Aldona Zawojska, Tomasz Siudek, SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF EPIDEMIC DISEASES OF FARM ANIMALS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 17 No. 3 (2018)
- Tomasz Siudek, Mariana Vashchyk, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES IN 2000-2012 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)