Main Article Content
Keywords : potato, production costs, direct surplus, price
The aim of the paper was to analyze the variability of edible potato market prices and the level of direct surplus in potato production in the Siedlce region, at three production technologies: extensive, half-intensive and intensive. The direct surplus was calculated according to the European Union standards. The level of edible potato market prices in the examined period proved a marked relation between surplus and price. High prices in the autumn of 2001 and spring of 2002 resulted from the market reaction on very small potato tuber yields. High prices in the autumn of 2002 could follow from the decreasing potato cultivation area. The most stable potato prices were observed in the season of 2002/2003. The research carried out proved that the outlay level significantly influenced the economic effects of potato production. Increasing yields and direct surplus per 1 hectare followed the growing potato cultivation intensification. The best economic effect per 1 hectare was possible to be obtained by producers at the yield of 300 dt per hectare (intensive technology), independent of the price relations in the examined seasons.
How to Cite
Bombik, A., & Wolska, A. (2004). SELECTED FACTORS INFLUENCING THE ECONOMIC EFFECT OF POTATO PRODUCTION. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 3(2), 17–26. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/951
Download data is not yet available.
- Piotr Bórawski, CONDITIONS OF ENTERPRISES DEVELOPMENT AT RURAL AREAS ON THE BASIS OF STAROŹREBY COMMUNE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 3 No. 2 (2004)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Antoni Bombik, Anna Marciniuk-Kluska, INDICATORS IN SUSTAINABLE RURAL AREAS DEVELOPMENT MODELLING , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 1 (2010)
- Katarzyna Rymuza, Antoni Bombik, MULTIDIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF SOME COUNTIES IN MAZOVIA VOIVODESHIP , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)
- Katarzyna Rymuza, Antoni Bombik, COOPERATIVE BANKS LOCATED IN SIEDLCE REGION SATISFYING FINANCIAL NEEDS OF FARMERS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2010)
- Antoni Bombik, Katarzyna Rymuza, ECONOMIC EFFECTIVENESS OF SELECTED TILLAGE COMBINATIONS UTILISED IN EDIBLE POTATO PRODUCTION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 5 No. 1 (2006)