Main Article Content
Keywords : cluster analysis, agricultural holding, profitability index, economic size of a farm
The paper presents a comparison of nine agricultural holdings which are dairy farms located in the Kąkolewnica Commune. The analysis was based on results of a survey carried out in the years 2008–2010, and used to prepare a description of the holdings in terms of their area, cultivation structure, cattle stocking rate, economic size and profitability coefficients. The multidimensional cluster analysis was applied to make simultaneous comparisons of the holdings taking into accounts all the characteristics studied. It was found that the holdings could be divided into two groups. One group consisted of the farms with the greatest area, which were also similar to each other in terms of the variables studied. The second group was made up of holdings covering an average or small area, which were more or less different. In this group, holding 9 differed most from the remaining farms. The holding had a much greater area, a higher stocking rate of cattle and greater crop plant harvest volumes. However, these values were not great enough for the holding to be incorporated into the cluster of the holdings covering the greatest area.
How to Cite
Grużewska, A., Rymuza, K., & Woch, S. (2012). AN APPLICATION OF CLUSTER ANALYSIS TO COMPARE SELECTED AGRICULTURAL HOLDINGS IN THE KĄKOLEWNICA COMMUNE. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 11(1), 47–59. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/573
Download data is not yet available.
- Marta Sajdakowska, Krystyna Gutkowska, Małgorzata Kosicka-Gębska, Jerzy Wierzbicki, Sylwia Żakowska-Biemans, FACTORS INFLUENCING THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS OF BEEF CONSUMERS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 11 No. 1 (2012)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Agata Grużewska, USEFULNESS OF THE THEORY OF PRODUCTION FUNCTION IN THE ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF THE LOW-SCALE CHICKEN PRODUCTION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 3 No. 1 (2004)
- Katarzyna Rymuza, Antoni Bombik, MULTIDIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF SOME COUNTIES IN MAZOVIA VOIVODESHIP , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)
- Katarzyna Rymuza, Antoni Bombik, COOPERATIVE BANKS LOCATED IN SIEDLCE REGION SATISFYING FINANCIAL NEEDS OF FARMERS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2010)
- Agata Grużewska, EFFECT OF PRICE CHANGE OF LIVE CHICKENS AND FEED ON THE OPTIMAL LENGTH OF BROILER CHICKEN GROWING IN LOW-SCALE PRODUCTION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 5 No. 2 (2006)
- Antoni Bombik, Katarzyna Rymuza, ECONOMIC EFFECTIVENESS OF SELECTED TILLAGE COMBINATIONS UTILISED IN EDIBLE POTATO PRODUCTION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 5 No. 1 (2006)
- Agata Grużewska, AN IMPACT OF EGGS BIOLOGICAL VALUE ON EFFECTIVENESS OF CHICK HATCHING , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2008)