Main Article Content
Keywords : Children, Young people, Public health
The problem of obesity relates to adults as well as children and teenagers. In the last decade it has become a crucial public health problem all over the world. It has been acknowledged by various organisations and bodies globally, nationally, and regionally, such as for example: World Health Organisation, European Union Commission, national governments, National Health Service, and other non-governmental institutions, as well as media. The paper focuses on two case studies on children obesity prevention and reduction activities in the example of two selected European countries: the United Kingdom, and Poland. Findings for the analysis were obtained from variety of sources such as: various literature, reports of Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), World Health Organisation (WHO), National Health Service (NHS) - National Obesity Observatory, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), Chief Sanitary Inspectorate (Główny Inspektorat Sanitarny - GIS). The results highlight the significance of understanding the current situation regarding obesity and the future trends of this problem, emphasising that investment in programmes and activities to fight it and prevent from it will bring benefits to countries and societies from an individual perspective as well as globally.
How to Cite
Parlińska, A., & Rembielak, G. (2014). COMPARISON OF APPROACHES TO REDUCE AND PREVENT FROM CHILDREN OBESITY WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF UK AND POLAND. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 13(4), 135–146. Retrieved from https://aspe.sggw.edu.pl/article/view/476
Download data is not yet available.
- Alicja Stolarska, DEMAND OF POLISH HOUSEHOLDS FOR FRUIT AS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF DOMESTIC FRUIT PRODUCTION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 4 (2014)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Trevor Omoruyi, Grażyna Rembielak, RELATIONSHIP MARKETING AND ITS ROLE IN THE EXPERIENCE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 18 No. 4 (2019)
- Grażyna Rembielak, Tahir Rashid, Agnieszka Parlińska, FACTORS INFLUENCING STUDENTS’ CHOICES AND DECISION- -MAKING PROCESS: A CASE STUDY OF POLISH STUDENTS STUDYING IN A BRITISH HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 19 No. 3 (2020)
- Agnieszka Parlińska, Volodymyr Rudyk, DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL PENSION SYSTEMS IN UKRAINE AND POLAND , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 18 No. 2 (2019)
- Agnieszka Parlińska, Hasan Yavuz, FINANCES OF MUNICIPALITIES GOVERNMENTS IN POLAND AND TURKEY , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 16 No. 4 (2017)
- Agnieszka Parlińska, Oksana Zamora, COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW OF THE POLISH-UKRAINIAN CROSS-BORDER COOPERATION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 12 No. 4 (2013)
- Agnieszka Parlińska, Marek Ignar, LEADER PROGRAMME AS THE SOURCES OF FINANCING LOCAL ACTION GROUP ACTIVITIES IN THE MAZOVIAN VOIVODESHIP , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 15 No. 4 (2016)
- Agnieszka Parlińska, THE IMPORTANCE AND ROLE OF THE FINANCIAL INSURANCE SECTOR IN POLAND , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 10 No. 4 (2011)