Main Article Content
Keywords : foreign direct investment, FDI, locational determinants, agglomeration, metropolis, capital cities of voivodeships
Foreign investments play an important role in fostering local development. This article is aimed at evaluating the inflow of FDIs to the capital cities of the Polish voivodeships in 1995–2016 and their closest agglomerations. Data on the number of businesses with foreign capital used in this article originate from the Local Data Bank of the Polish Central Statistical Office. To capture a spatial concentration of businesses with foreign capital and its change from 1995–2016, a method used in analysing regional convergence, among others, was employed. The spatial distribution of FDIs in relation to the capital cities of the Polish voivodeships was analysed using Quantum GIS software and calculations in STATA 14. Conclusions arrived at showed a divergence in the number of FDIs in communes and municipalities in Poland from 1995–2016 as well as a diverse spatial pattern of FDI locations in relation to the capital city of the voivodeship.
How to Cite
Kisiel, R., Krajewska, A., & Nazarczuk, J. (2017). SPATIAL CONCENTRATION OF BUSINESSES WITH FOREIGN CAPITAL IN THE CAPITAL CITIES OF THE POLISH VOIVODESHIPS AND THEIR AGGLOMERATIONS FROM 1995–2016. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia, 16(4), 71–81. https://doi.org/10.22630/ASPE.2017.16.4.46
Download data is not yet available.
- Jarosław Gołębiewski, Nina Drejerska, ECONOMIC ROLE OF AGRICULTURAL COOPERATIVENESS IN POLAND FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF CHANGES IN THE FOOD CHAIN , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 16 No. 4 (2017)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Roman Kisiel, Aleksandra Kowalewska, Joanna Kowalewska, The Impact of Implemented Innovations on Competitiveness of Tourism Companies in the Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodeship , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 19 No. 4 (2020)
- Roman Kisiel, Wiesława Lizińska, Olga Senyszyn, THE AGRICULTURE TAX SYSTEM AND THE PERSPECTIVE OF ITS CHANGES IN THE OPINION OF FARMERS IN THE WARMIŃSKO- -MAZURSKIE VOIVODESHIP , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 18 No. 4 (2019)
- Roman Kisiel, Milena Gierwiatowska, FUNCTIONING OF THE POLISH LAG IN THE CONTEXT OF THE LEADER INITIATIVE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 12 No. 3 (2013)
- Karolina Babuchowska, Roman Kisiel, THE INFLUENCE OF THE COMMUNAL GOVERNMENT ON THE LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, THE CASE STUDY OF WARMIA AND MAZURY PROVINCE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 5 No. 2 (2006)
- Roman Kisiel, Anna Lech, Kamila Zawierucha, SYSTEM OF AGRICULTURAL STRUCTURAL PENSIONS IN POLAND AFTER THE YEAR 2000 BASED ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE SELECTED COUNTIES IN WARMIŃSKO-MAZURSKIE AND MAZOWIECKIE VOIVODSHIPS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 10 No. 3 (2011)