Main Article Content
In this paper we aim to recognize competitiveness of Polish dairy products by surveying managerial personnel in dairy companies. The opinions of dairy plant managers on dairy product diversification constitutes a valid research problem. The study was conducted in 100 dairy companies in Poland in 2021. An online questionnaire was initially designed for surveying all dairy plants in Poland (163). However, the survey proved to be problematic, and the study was ultimately carried out with the personal involvement of the research team. The results were processed and presented with the use of tabular, graphic, and descriptive methods. To check if COVID-19 pandemic had impact on competitiveness we used the logit model.
The respondents evaluated dairy products, variations in product prices, determinants of product success, product-related activities, and other factors. Dairy products received the highest scores for quality, demand, and brand on a scale of 1-5 points. Production, marketing, and reputation were regarded as the key determinants of market success.. We wanted to recognize which factors decrease the negative impact of COVID-19 in Polish dairy enterprises. We found that it was ease of shopping, use of transport companies and competition in the sector.
Baran J., Zak, J. (2014). Multiple Criteria Evaluation of Transportation Performance for Selected Agribusiness Companies. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 111, 5, 320–329. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.01.065 (Crossref)
Davis, Ch.G., Hahn, W. (2016). Assessing the status of the global dairy trade. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 19B, 1–10.
CAP implementation in Poland – state and perspectives. Institute of Agricultural and Food Economics – National Research Institute, Warsaw.
Grębowiec, M. (2015). The Role of Quality in Making Purchasing Decisions on the Example of Meat and Cured Meat Purchasing Consumers. Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development, 35(1), 39–47. https://doi.org/10.17306/JARD.2015.4 (Crossref)
Kowalska, M. (2020). SME Managers’ Perceptions of Sustainable Marketing Mix in Different Socioeconomic Conditions. A Comparative Analysis of Sri Lanka and Poland. Sustainability, 12 (24), 10659. https://doi.org/10.3390/su122410659 (Crossref)
Mura, L. (2012). Economic aspects of milk processing industry under conditions of dispersed agriculture-study of chosen region in Poland. Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development, 1, 23, 61–70.
Nieżurawski, L. (2006). Determinants of customer satisfaction on the markets of selected dairy products. Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences, 15 (1), 155–160.
Pawlak, K., Lukasiewicz, J. (2022). Does intra-industry specialization enhance or limit comparative advantage? Evidence from the world citrus fruit trade. Agricultural Economics - Czech, 68, 9, 338–347. (Crossref)
Poczta, W., Pawlak, K. (2011). Potential competitiveness and competitive position of the Polish agri-food sector on the Single European Market. Berichte über Landwirtschaft, 89 (1), 134–169.
Sirajuddin, S., Siregar, H., Amrawaty, A.A., Jusoff, K., Nurlaelah, S., Rohani, Hastang, S. (2013). Comparative advantage analysis on self-development and business partnership of dairy farmers. Global Veterinaria, 10 (2), 165–170.
Świątkowska, M., Krajewski, K. (2015). Impact of Promotional Strategy on Consumer Behaviour and Sustainable Development of Dairy Products Market. Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development, 37(3), 565–573. https://doi.org/10.17306/JARD.2015.61 (Crossref)
Weersink, A., Massow, M. von, McDougall, B. (2020). Economic thoughts on the potential implications of COVID-19 on the Canadian dairy and poultry sectors. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 68, m 195–2000. https://doi.org/10.111/cjag.12240 (Crossref)
WTO (2017). Agreement on Agriculture: Export Competition after the Nairobi Ministerial Conference. Retrieved from https://www.fao.org/3/i7310e/i7310e.pdf [accessed 12.07.2022].
- Piotr Bórawski, James Dunn, Jayson Harper, Adam Pawlewicz, THE INTRA-EUROPEAN UNION TRADE OF MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 18 No. 2 (2019)
- Piotr Bórawski, Zbigniew Brodziński, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS OF SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISE SECTOR ON THE EXAMPLE OF WARMIA AND MAZURY PROVINCE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 5 No. 2 (2006)
- Piotr Bórawski, Aneta Bełdycka-Bórawska, Mariola Grzybowska-Brzezińska, Jayson Harper, IMPACT OF NEW MEMBER STATES ACCESSION ON FOOD SAFETY AND OBESITY IN THE EUROPEAN UNION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 17 No. 4 (2018)
- Krzysztof Zalewski, Piotr Bórawski, James W. Dunn, FOREIGN TRADE OF MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 20 No. 3 (2021):
- Piotr Bórawski, DU PONT MODEL UTILIZATION IN PROFITABILITY ESTIMATION OF FARMS GAINING ALTERNATIVE INCOME SOURCES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 8 No. 4 (2009)
- Piotr Bórawski, ECOLOGICAL FARM DEVELOPMENT IN POLAND , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 7 No. 1 (2008)
- James Dunn, Piotr Bórawski, Adam Pawlewicz, DEVELOPMENT OF ORGANIC FARMING IN THE USA , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 13 No. 3 (2014)
- Tomasz Rokicki, THE LAMB MEAT MARKET IN THE EUROPEAN UNION COUNTRIES IN 2007–2017 , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 18 No. 1 (2019)
- Tomasz Rokicki, Ferdinand Ringdorfer, SHEEP MEAT PRODUCTION IN AUSTRIA AND POLAND – SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 19 No. 3 (2020)
- Piotr Bórawski, DEVELOPMENT ESTIMATION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES SECTOR ON THE EXAMPLE OF WARMIA AND MAZURY PROVINCE , Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia: Vol. 4 No. 2 (2005)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.